Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Who Seems Presidential?

I've heard people say that Huckabee can't win because of his last name. However, names only get a person so far.

As a graphic designer, I know that the way something looks is important. Well Rasmussen decided to see who "looks" presidential.

But there's more than simply meets the eye. Someone can look the part, but can they play it as well? Many thought that since he has been accustomed to "playing the part," Fred Thompson would be able to do quite well. But his acting role hasn't helped him keep audiences awake.

So take it from Rasmussen. They actually polled Americans to see who "seems" most presidential.

Their results? Huckabee.

Among Republican adults, 21% say that Mike Huckabee looks the most Presidential. Seventeen percent (17%) of the GOP faithful say that title belongs to Rudy Giuliani and 16% think it describes Mitt Romney. Ten percent (10%) see John McCain as most Presidential while 8% hold that view of Fred Thompson.

I of course do believe that Huckabee seems the most presidential, but I was a little bit surprised that so many other Americans agree with me.

Read the rest of Rasmussen's report here...

1 comment:

Curious Texan said...

I've been saying Mike Huckabee looks presidential since the first time I saw him in person back last July.

(Scroll up a little to see my overall impression. I wouldn't change of a word of it.)