Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Becoming a Huckabeliever!

This week marks the beginning of my second month as a Huckabee supporter and fan. For my first post, I am going to post a very candid conversation that I had on Google Chat with a friend of mine. This conversation happened on November 3, 2007 and at that time (as you can probably tell from the chat), I really had no clue about presidential politics and really had no interest in the GOP race since none of the candidates had captured my attention.

me: so being in radio and stuff, what's your perspective on the election next year?
8:27 PM Randy: Huckabee all the way!
:-)
me: you think he's got a chance at the nomination?
Randy: yep
we're going for a big win in iowa
8:29 PM me: January?
Randy: Jan 3
going to iowa....
8:33 PM me: is he running as a true conservative?
Randy: yep
very solid
chuck norris endorsed him
8:34 PM rick scarborough (vision america)
rick warren
and flip benham (operation rescue)
me: oh nice
Randy: quite the collection of people but they all like him
8:36 PM me: yeah, he seems pretty cool
wonder what sean hannity has against him
8:37 PM cuz he keeps playing up Mitt and Rudy
Randy: huck's anti-establishment
mitt and rudy are establishment and money
me: ahh, makes sense
Randy: huck's running a william jennings bryan type campaign
8:38 PM me: hehe
like ron paul?
Randy: no
ron paul's not a populist
or an orator
me: anti everything
Randy: you listen to ron paul?
me: nope
he's a little wierd
8:39 PM Randy: blah blah blah we gotta get out of the un (CHEER) blah blah blah end the irs (CHEER)
me: well not a little
Randy: i like his positions
his followers are a bunch of druggies :-)
me: yeah... don't think he'd be viewed as a serious candidate
Randy: he raised $5m....
8:40 PM me: yeah, while Hillary has raised what? 40 by now?
Randy: but he still has $5m in the bank
he's spending $$$$ in NH
me: are u talking Paul or Huckabee?
8:41 PM Randy: Paul
Huckabee's working on Iowa
Paul's doing NH
me: kinda too bad Paul is in there in some ways because it steals some away from Huckabee probably
Randy: different audiences
libertarian party vs. christian populism
me: k.... i should get more educated on this
8:42 PM cuz i thought they had to win both NH and IO to get the nomination
Randy: nope :-)
just a majority of the delegates
lots of contests


After that chat, I did a quick Youtube search on Mike Huckabee. After watching a couple of videos of him (debate clips, interview with Glenn Beck, etc), I was convinced that this candidate was truly a unique candidate. I joined Mike's Facebook group (which at that time was hovering around 4,000 members), Huck's Army, but really had no clue how involved I was going to become in the campaign.

I look forward to continuing to update this blog and continuing a discourse with other Huckabee supporters as we seek the best for the future of our nation!

May God be merciful to and bless America in granting us President Huckabee in 08!

2 comments:

Garrick said...

I love Huck, but that chat log is totally rigged. Hehehe!

DesignExcellante said...

rigged? what makes you say that?